Monday, December 15, 2014

It's Christmas

                 (This post was first published on this site in Dec. 2012.  I hope you
                   enjoy the repeat. - Karen)

It's that time again, isn't it?  So for your consideration I present the lyrics to a song I wrote a long time ago.  First, though, let's set the scene.

It's late at night, the lights are dim, a little blues music is wafting through the air.  There is a fire in the fireplace in the snug cottage as you look out the window to snow falling softly blanketing the ground.  (Think Norman Rockwell or Thomas Kincaid.)  And someone sings softly.

                         Come On, Santa

Christmas time is coming and I'm making a list
Won't you tell me, Santa, can I have what I wish?
I want someone to love me, to hold me good and tight
So hurry up, Santa, swing on down tonight.

Chorus:    I hear jingle bells and tiny reindeer
                 Please tell me Santa, are you getting near?
                 You have got my address and I will be at home
                 Come on Santa, don't leave me alone.

I've been singing Christmas carols and decking the hall
I'm getting ready for old Santa to call
Bringing what I need to fill my lonely nights
So hurry up, Santa, swing on down tonight.

Chorus:

I have been so good, Santa, you would not believe
Looking forward to what is under my tree
If Santa got my letter and he read it just right
So hurry up, Santa, swing on down tonight.

Chorus:

Come here you jolly old elf.



2 comments:

  1. Your setting for the reading of this song is perfect, Karen.
    I wish I could transport myself there and sing and hum this with you.
    Lovely...
    You are a talented lady.
    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, my friend.
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie, for your kind comments. Wouldn't it wonderful if we could actually visit with all our cyber friends for at least one afternoon. And I also wish you and yours a fabulous Christmas followed by a blessed New Year. - Karen

      Delete