The road to employment does not always run straight and smooth. Herewith a few examples.
1. I could have been a carpenter, but I took the studs.
2. I could have been a healer, but I lost my touch.
3. I started to be a podiatrist, but I got off on the wrong foot.
4. I could have been a bookie, but I didn't like the odds.
5. I could have been a pastry chef, but they said I was too flaky.
6. I tried to be a banana picker, but I got in with a bad bunch.
7. I considered being a fireman, but I couldn't take the heat.
8. I tried to be a sheet rock hanger, but I got plastered.
9. I could have been an accountant, but I didn't have the right figure.
10. I wanted to be a drummer, but I lost the beat.
11. I could have worked for the railroad, but I couldn't be trained.
12. I could have been a chitlin' maker, but I didn't have the guts.
We can't get discouraged, though. Remember there is always the right job for everyone. You just have to find it.