There are times in my life when I find it very helpful to list the things that have gone right, the take time to thank God for getting me through a difficult period, and to focus on the positive. Today I looked back at one such list. Some thoughts are fleeting, some are revisited periodically, and some I have moved past. I thought I'd list just a few.
1. Falling stars in the night sky.
2. Memories of roller skating when I was a kid.
3. Every time something makes me laugh.
4. Sitting on the swing under the magnolia tree.
5. A phone call from a friend.
6. Getting to try something new to me.
7. The aroma of a hot cup of coffee.
8. The smell of the earth after a good rain.
9. The ability to get a good daily newspaper.
10. The Lord's Prayer.
Just reviewing this list makes me feel better. Maybe I should do this continue the exercise in my daily life.
Do you journal? Do you keep a Gratitude Journal? I hope it gives you pleasure and peace.