Monday, May 19, 2014

Small Is In The Eye Of The Beholder

There are times I amuse myself by browsing through some articles on quirky homes.  I like to see the unusual things people come up. 

A lot of the small homes are tiny.  Those don't really appeal to me.  The bed may be a loft over the kitchen area.  That may have worked when I was young and agile, but right now my knees would raise a real stink if I attempted to make a regular trek up a ladder.

It would also be uncomfortable if a midnight run was required to visit the "facilities," which are often not noted in some of the pictures.  So where do you go when you need to go?  I wouldn't like a midnight run outside when nature comes calling my name.

Okay, so I'm a bit wimpy.  So be it.  But where do you put the card table when you want to work a nice 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle (or larger)?  That's something I really enjoy when the weather outside gets more than frightful.

You certainly would have no place to accommodate visiting relatives.  Now, I know there are times that's a good thing.  But I do have some that brighten my day when I see them.  I want them to feel welcome, no doubt about it, but sitting in one another's laps may be a tad too much.

No, I'm not a McMansion candidate.  I certainly don't need 3,000 square feet to make my nest.  But I do want more than a 64 or 80 square foot home.

What about you?  Are you a "tiny to the max" kind of person, or one who wants quantity to the max?  Or perhaps, like me, somewhere closer to the middle?  I'd like to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment